Our vision is to be one of the most influential universities in Australia and the Asia–Pacific region
The Chancellor is backed by the Executive Group, which comprises our Vice Chancellor, Deputy Vice Chancellors and Pro Vice Chancellors. The University's structure is depicted in the Organisational Chart (PDF).
The Chancellor serves as the titular head of the University, presiding over all major ceremonies. Mr Henry Smerdon is the Chancellor of Griffith University and became Chancellor in 2015 after serving as Deputy Chancellor from 2000-2015.
The Vice Chancellor and President is the Chief Executive Officer of the University and is responsible to the Council of the University. The University's Executive Group comprises the Vice Chancellor, Deputy Vice Chancellors and Pro Vice Chancellors. It meets on a fortnightly basis to deal with current strategic and management matters.
- Senior Deputy Vice Chancellor
- Professor Ned Pankhurst
- Deputy Vice Chancellor (Engagement)
- Professor Martin Betts
- Vice President (Global)
- Professor Sarah Todd
- Pro Vice Chancellor (Arts, Education and Law)
- Professor Paul Mazerolle
- Pro Vice Chancellor (Health)
- Professor Sheena Reilly
- Pro Vice Chancellor (Sciences)
- Professor Andrew T Smith
Spanning three cities in South East Queensland, our campuses are a thriving network of learning and innovation. Each location has a wide range of modern spaces to suit every study need as well as facilities and services to help make university life easier and enjoyable.
Head of campus
- Gold Coast—Senior Deputy Vice Chancellor
- Logan—Pro Vice Chancellor and Head
- Mt Gravatt—Pro Vice Chancellor (Arts, Education and Law)
- Nathan and South Bank—Deputy Vice Chancellor (Engagement)