Report emergencies to Security at any time
For urgent facilities and maintenance issues that require immediate attention, please call (07) 3735 8888 (Ext: 8888) between 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. Outside of these hours, please contact Security.
Security Office locations and contact details
|Campus||Location||Internal phone||External phone|
|Gold Coast||Level 3, Business 1 building near Student Guild office||7777||(07) 5552 7777|
|Logan||Entrance to Information Services building||7777||(07) 3382 1717|
|Mt Gravatt||Entrance to Information Services building M23||7777||(07) 3735 7777|
|Nathan||The Circuit||7777||(07) 3735 7777|
|Queensland College of Art||Courtyard||7777||(07) 3735 6226|
|Queensland Conservatorium||Foyer||7777||(07) 3735 6226|
When reporting an incident, provide the following information, where possible:
- location of the incident
- your name and contact details
- nature of the incident (eg. burst water main, fire, injury)
- brief description of what has happened
- description of what you are doing now
- time the incident occurred.
A list of emergency contacts can be found in the Griffith App.
Emergency evacuation procedure
- do not panic – remain calm
- leave the building immediately
- do not delay when gathering personal belongings or bags, this may delay your exit from the building
- do not use building lifts
- do not run, push or overtake
- go to the building's emergency assembly area and remain there (see evacuation plans)
- listen and follow instructions from building wardens, security officers, campus chief warden or emergency services personnel
- Fire alarm – close but do not lock doors
- Chemical/Biological threat – close but do not lock doors
- Bomb threat – leave doors open
- Do not re-enter the building, or leave the assembly area until given the all clear by building wardens, security officers, campus chief warden or the emergency services personnel.
For individual building incidents, such as fire alarms and other incidents contained to the building, attending personnel may be identified as follows.
Campus chief warden
The campus chief warden manages the initial University response to emergencies on campus. Griffith has three campus chief wardens.