An extracurricular program for high-achieving students
Griffith Honours College provides experiences and opportunities that help high-achieving undergraduate students reach their full potential.
Admission is limited and based on academic and personal achievement. Future and current undergraduate students are encouraged to apply.
Honours College benefits
Increase your employability
Your place in Griffith Honours College will give you the skills needed for high-demand roles. Such skills include leadership, communication and teamwork.
Expand your graduate opportunities
As an Honours College student, you'll be encouraged to undertake practical training and boost your professional network before graduating. You'll also attend networking events.
Gain a global perspective
Honours College students are encouraged to study, volunteer or working overseas for a few weeks, a few months or even a year.
Honours College Experience
Share ideas and work with leading researchers, academics and other high-achieving students. The Student Advisory Group also organises regular social activities.
Undertake practical professional training coordinated by your School or Faculty to place you in a high-quality organisation related to your area of study.
Experience the world
- study for overseas at one of our partner universities
- participate in the prestigious International Youth Leadership Program in Prague
- undertake overseas industrial experience at a leading company in your field of study
- be part of international community volunteering projects.
You will be supported in your career goals, as each Honours College student will be matched with a mentor. Take part in regular one-on-one sessions and receive personal attention throughout your degree.
Your mentor will assist in selecting the right experiences for you to develop your skills personally and professionally. Depending on your future aspirations, you may be matched with a leading Griffith researcher, academic or an external industry partner.
How to apply
How you apply for Honours College admission depends on whether you're a future or current Griffith student.
If you're applying to study at Griffith, please follow the future students application information.
If you're already studying at Griffith, follow the information for current students application.
Current Griffith students
To be considered for selection as a current student, you must:
- have completed 40 credit points towards your first undergraduate degree at Griffith University
- be enrolled as a full-time student in your first undergrad degree
- have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 6.5 out of a possible 7
- be recommended by a member of the academic community (referee report online form).
- have undertaken leadership and community activities.
How to apply
Admission to the Griffith Honours College is limited and highly competitive. Selection will be based on a combination of academic and personal achievement.
If you're already studying at Griffith, you should apply using the correct form, found below. Please refer to the eligibility requirements when preparing your application.
Future Griffith students
Future student eligibility
To be considered for selection, you must have:
- listed Griffith University as a preference on your QTAC or UAC application
- have an OP 1 to 3 (including IB and interstate equivalent ATAR). If you expect an OP 4 to 6 (or equivalent) with exceptional personal achievements you are also encouraged to apply
- submitted your completed Deans' Sir Samuel Griffith Scholarship, Sir Samuel Griffith Scholarship and Griffith Honours College combined online application form by 10 December 2017.
Sir Samuel Griffith Scholarship
All successful Sir Samuel Griffith Scholarship applicants will have the option of participating in the Honours College as a benefit of their scholarship. Griffith offers one of Australia's most comprehensive, generous and flexible scholarship schemes for high-achieving students in the Sir Samuel Griffith Scholarships.
Conditions apply. Please visit the Griffith Scholarships site for details of the Sir Samuel Griffith Scholarship.
International students and non-school leavers
Non-school leavers and international students who did not complete Year 11 and 12 in Australia, therefore do not meet the criteria for the Deans' Sir Samuel Griffith and Sir Samuel Griffith Scholarships, may still be eligible to apply for membership of the Griffith Honours College.
Contact us for more information.
Get in touch
(07) 3735 4303
or +61 7 373 54303
Room 1.17 Willet Centre (N53)
Griffith University Nathan Campus
170 Kessels Road, Nathan QLD 4111