Improving community healthcare and advancing medical research through clinical trials.
Griffith University's Clinical Trial Unit, adjacent to the Gold Coast University Hospital and part of the Gold Coast Health and Knowledge Precinct, provides state-of-the-art facilities and professional coordination services for phase I-IV clinical trials.
Therapeutic areas and expertise
Nephrology and Renal Disease
Endocrinology / Metabolic Disorders
Ear, Nose and Throat related Diseases
Respiratory Diseases (e.g. COPD, Asthma)
Technology and Device Trials
CLINICAL TRIAL SERVICES
As a Core Research Facility of Griffith University we support staff and collaborators to conduct a wide range of investigator initiated trials across a diverse range of therapeutic areas. We also provide trial services to commercial clients such as the biotech, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and complementary medicine industry as well as clinical research organisations.
GCP ALIGNED TRIAL FACILITIES
- Highly experienced investigators and research nurses with GCP certification
- Trial start-up, study coordination and project management
- GCP compliant trial facilities
- 4-bed procedure room with emergency trolley, AED, ECQ and IV infusion equipment.
- 6 consultation rooms
- study coordinator room with 10 work spaces
- Phlebotomy room with separate lab processing area including refrigerated and non-refrigerated centrifuges
- Drug preparation room with temperature controlled storage facilities and biosafety cabinet.
- Commercial grade data-logged fridges and -20 °C and -80°C freezers
- Secure Document storage
- Patient lounge and kitchenette
- Dedicated monitoring space
Take a virtual tour
Current and completed trials
Our growing network of clinicians and capabilities, together with large our database of patients and healthy volunteers, enable us to support a wider range of therapeutic areas.